I love everything about Easter dinner from the ham to the rolls, but I also love the dessert and wanted to share two of my family favorites with you.
The first one I want to share with you is peanut butter pie. This is a very easy recipe to make and your family and friends will love it.
You will need the following ingredients to make the Peanut Butter Pie:
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 block cream cheese, very soft
Mix the whipped topping, powdered sugar, peanut butter and cream cheese together until very smooth and then pour into your pie crust. You can buy a pre made graham cracker crust or use the recipe below to make one of your own. When you have the pie in the crust cover and put in the fridge until firm and then serve.
To make the graham cracker pie crust you will need:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
Mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar together and then mix into a pie pan and bake at 400 degree F. for 10 minutes. Let cool and the put the pie filling in the crust.
Tip for Making Peanut Butter Pie:
- You can also use a regular pie crust instead of a graham cracker crust.
- You can put whipped topping on top of the pie or wait and put it on each slice when served.
- You can try crunchy peanut butter (I have only used creamy peanut butter in mine).
- Can be made the day before and stored in the fridge until time to serve.
The next Easter dessert recipe is for Amber’s Apple Dessert and you will need the following:
- 1 crust (I use refrigerated canned crescent rolls)
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Put the crust in the pan and spread the apple pie filling over the crust. Mix the flour, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon together. Cut the butter into the mixture with a fork or pastry blender or you can even use your hands. Mix the butter in until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples and bake at 350 degree F. for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and pour the glaze on top of it.
To make the glaze you will need:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar together until very smooth.
Tips for Making Amber’s Apple Dessert
- For the crust you can use crescent dough or pre-made pie dough that you roll out or you can make your own pie dough.
- You can also use other pie fillings in the place of the apples such as peaches, strawberries or blueberries.
I hope you enjoy these recipes at your Easter dinner and make them part of your recipe files for future Easter dinners.